01. Cultural tour of Boudha, Pashupati and Kathmandu Durbar Square, join a local family for traditional dinner in the evening.
View: One of the biggest Buddhist stupa, monasteries, Hindu temples, shrines, religious cremation site, old palaces, museum and traditional bazaar.
02. Drive or hike or cable car via Chandragiri hill (2551m) to Chitlang (1950m.) village home stay.
There are three options; hiking is ~ 14 Km and driving is ~ 27 Km. Other option is cable car to Chandragiri top and a short hike or drive to Chitlang village.
View: Kathmandu valley, surrounding hills, central Nepal Himalayan mountain views of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Dorje Lhakpa, Gangchhenpu, Gaurishankar, etc. over the North Eastern horizon.
03. Chitlang village home stay. Village tour.
The small traditional village of mix ethnicities – Newar, Tamang, Brahman, Chhetri.
View: Simple traditional village daily life, agro farms, goat cheese factory, Buddhist stupa, Hindu temples, shrines and a short scenic trip to Kulekhani water reservoir for hydro project to see more villages, farms and fish farms.
04. Drive or hike or cable car back the same way to Kathmandu and cultural tour of Swayambu and Patan
View: Kathmandu valley and central Himalayan panorama + Buddhist stupa, monasteries, Hindu temples, shrines, old palaces, old museum, statues and traditional bazaar.
05. Join a prayer/ritual in a Buddhist monastery and get blessing from the monk Lama.
Depending on different ritual taking place in one of the monasteries in Swayambu or Boudha, you join a live ritual performed by monk/nun Buddhist Lamas and get blessing.
06. Cultural tour of old town Khokna, special local cuisine for lunch and sight-seeing of Bhaktapur the medieval town.
View: traditional Newari culture and daily life, traditional oil mill, Buddhist stupa, monasteries, Hindu temples, shrines, old palaces, statues, old museum and traditional bazaar.
07. Walking tours of local old market and shopping + activities of personal interests.
View: Buddhist stupas, Hindu temples, shrines and lively traditional bazaar, a good insight into urban Nepalese way of life.
Note: Contact us for more route details.