Day Date Activities
01. 17/ Arrival
– receive at Kathmandu airport and transfer to a hotel,
day of Dashain festival.
Trip briefing over
welcome dinner. Overnight in Kathmandu.
02. 18/ –
visit Pashupati, holy Hindu temple, Boudha and Swayambu holy Buddhist stupas and monasteries. Overnight in Kathmandu.
03. 19/ Drive
to Pokhara, Himalayan lake town, 200 Km.
Overnight in a hotel in Pokhara.
Route: Drive on Tribhuvan highway via Naubise,
Malekhu, Kuringhat, Muglin, Anbukhaireni, Damauli, small villages and towns and
along Trishuli river, Marsyangdi and Seti rivers.
04. 20/ Cultural
Sight-seeing; visit Bindyabasini, Gupteswor Mahadev temples, Davis Fall,
boating on Phewa lake, Buddhist peace Stupa. Overnight in a hotel.
Pokhara is a very photogenic Himalayan
lake town with beautiful Machhapuchhre mountain’s reflection on Phewa lake. Overnight in a hotel in Pokhara.
05. 21/ After
Breakfast – transfer for the flight back to Kathamandu. 35 min. flight.
On a clear day, whole range of central
and Western Himalayan mountains at close range can be seen.
Observe Pachali Bhairav Jatra
(festival) in the evening. Overnight in
a hotel in Kathmandu.
06. 22/ Sight-seeing
of Bhaktapur, Panauti and Dhulikhel
(1540m.) – traditional old small towns; visit
temples, monuments, old palaces, traditional arts and crafts. Overnight in
Himalayan Mountain View:
About twenty Himalayan peaks including Annapurna (8091 m), Ganesh Himal (7429 m), Langtang (7234 m), Phurbagyachu
(6637 m), Gangchhenpo (6370m.), Dorjelhakpa (6966m), Gaurishanker (7134 m), Lhotse (8516 m) and
many others can be seen from Dhulikhel and Namobuddha.
07. 23/ Drive
or walk to Namobuddha (1740m.) the Buddhist holy place. A briefing about
meditation in a monastery if you like. Hiking
is about 2.5 hours and drive (12 Km.) is about, 30 min. Overnight in Dhulikhel.
08. 24/ Drive
(29 km.) back to Kathamndu and observe – Phulpati celebration in Kathmandu
Durbar Square, the old royal palace.
Massage or Spa or any personal interest activity in the afternoon - Optional.
Overnight in a hotel in Kathmandu.
09. 25/ Mountain
flight for a close up view of the Mt. Everest and other big Himalayan mountains
- Optional. Tour of Taleju temple and inner courtyard of Hanuman Dhoka, old Royal Palace in Basantpur near living Godess Kumari house It is open for public only once a year on this particular day on the occasion of the Dashain festival. Observe Asta Matrika dance in Patan in the evening. Overnight in a hotel in Kathmandu.
– Optional; Observe Sikali festival in
Khokna, old traditional Newari town in Kathmandu outskirt. Overnight in a hotel
10. 26/ Join a Nepali family to observe traditional Tika celebration, the final day of Dashain festival. Casual free afternoon. Overnight in a hotel in Kathmandu.
11. 27/ Free day, activities of personal choice.
12. 28/ Departure
– transfer to the airport for the flight back.
Note: Contact us for more route details.